09/01/2016

// updates with hanna: christmas holidays

First and for most, I just want to great every single one of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! (Ha! I know I'm a bit late) Secondly, I apologise for not blogging for almost a month. Life just got to me and I have no other excuse other than that. 

December is probably one of the busiest month for me. There was just a lot of stuff that happened during this month. For example, I had work experience for a whole week at a veterinary hospital. Which I have to say was a wonderful experience and I am absolutely delighted that I got the opportunity to experience what it was like to be a veterinarian. Justin Bieber also announced his Europe leg of his Believe tour during that week. Of course, I had to get tickets for that. My friends and I have tried two times to get tickets. They even skipped school so we can get them. (Don't do what we did!) We tried the presale and the general sale but we were unlucky, Justin Bieber really is popular in Ireland (Everybody used to say he's "gay" but look who's going to his concert now).
Me as hell every time we got new cats or dogs in for surgery hehe.
I actually have a little but sort of funny story to tell you. I was so disappointed and depressed because we didn't get tickets that we all forgot to eat breakfast. Unfortunate for me because someone's dog (someone who is really famous) came in to the vet hospital because the dog had a really bad cut on his tongue. It was really really bad and gruesome.  I mean, really really bad. The main vet asked me to help with the surgery (Cool, right?), I had to hold the tongue so it was easier for the vet to stitch up. After a few minutes, I started to feel light headed and numb, I knew what was going to happen next. I almost fainted and it was really embarrassing. 

At the end of that week, I spontaneously decided to go to town to get my mom a Christmas present. Everything was going well until I lost my phone in Lush. I was holding it then the next thing I know I don't have it anymore. My friend, Jodie, found a police officer to help us find the phone. Thank God for Find my iPhone tbh. Isha was able to track my phone from her phone and they were off to try and locate it. I was crying outside Lush for a good 10 minutes and everybody that passed by kept on looking at me. 

Then Christmas came. I'm going to be honest with you, I honestly didn't feel the Christmasy vibes at all. I don't know if it's because I'm old? (Well not that old) Was it just me? Our family (or every Filipino family) always open all of our presents at exactly 12 am and we have "Noche Buena", where we eat Filipino food. Isha and I were planning to stay up and watch Christmas movies, but this didn't happen this time because I fell asleep at 9 pm and woke up at 11:30 pm hahaha lol. When I woke up, I was getting really really excited. I was basically jumping in my seat whilst waiting. 

I want to thank everyone who gave me a Christmas present! I honestly love all of you with all my heart. I wish I could give all of you a big hug! I am really grateful for everyone, even the ones that didn't give me a gift tbh. Agh,I just love every single one of you! I want to give a shoutout to my mom, who tried to get everything I wanted. I love you so much even if I don't say it often. 


Isha and I also went to Funderland two days after Christmas. In Ireland, we don't really have an outdoor theme park because of Ireland's shitty as hell weather. So around the Christmas time, somebody sets up a roller coasters and rides inside and outside RDS. It's like our tradition, my group of friends, to go there after Christmas. I loved it nonetheless even though it was raining (typical Ireland) haha. Plus, I got a big minion plush. A friend of ours was super determined to win one that he spent more than 20 euro. It took him a heck load of times to get it. At first I was so confused when he gave it to me. I was like "Wth, why would he give this to me? He just wasted his money" but then I realised that he wanted to win the minion plush for the feeling. Well, I'm not complaining. I love the minion plush so much that it has never left my side haha. 

We also watched the new Starwars: The Force Awakens with our friends. Did I tell you that I haven't watched any of the Starwars films? But I have to say it's one of the best films I've ever seen, hands down. I wish I saw the rest of the other Starwars films before I saw the new one. Oh, and am I the only one who now has a girl crush on Rey? She's so independent and strong. OMG, she is goals tbh. *heart eyes emoji* 

I was also lucky that I got to spend my NYE with the people I love the most. Of course, my mom cooked Filipino food. What about you? How did you spend your Christmas Holidays? I hope everyone reading this had a wonderful Christmas break filled with love, happiness, family and friends! :) Thank you for reading! :) <3

3 comments:

  1. Such a busy holiday, much like mine! Good post. x

    www.zoecoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU MUST SEE THE REST OF THE STAR WARS MOVIES! I totally have a girl crush on Rey too! She's awesome as heck. It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas and New Year - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete